Play to hear "Red Clay Halo" by Gillian Welch, love her!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Puppy update


Well on friday we lost a very short battle of torsion and bloat with Susie, she had to be taken into surgery to relieve her flipped stomach and spleen and release all the stomach gasses filling her abdomen. After surgery she was doing fine until that night and Dr Pierce had to go back in after she started up again, that time was too much and she didn't make it. You never know how much you love a dog until you lose a good one! The Lord left me with a little female puppy of hers, her only female progeny, as an extension of companionship I suppose. Just makes you think about how blessed we are that the Good Lord gave us animals, dogs especially, to enjoy. After all she is part of how Jess and I met in the first place :) She was an excellent hunting dog, was only 20 points away from her Show champion title, and more importantly was an unselfish example of a good faithful companion. Makes you also realize how quickly our "plans" can change and that "we" are not the ones who are in control of what happens in this life. I pray I can be a more faithful unselfish companion to Christ, living for only him no matter what happens to me, the good or the bad. That he can discipline me and I beg for mercy and forgiveness instead of growling. Much in the way a good dog does... the Lord can use anything to teach, and I believe he does just that.

The puppies are 2 weeks old now, been bottle feeding them since friday and havent managed to mess up yet, glad I can have a little pre taste of motherhood ;) feeding hourly around the clock, wiping poo and cleaning pee, bathing and cuddling, and not much sleep! although its times 4, it only lasts a few more weeks before they start puppy food. :)
thanks for reading and God Bless,
The Busy B's









............

2 comments:

Whiddon Family said...

Hey Kelsey,
I love y'all's puppies. They are adorable! I'm glad I got to see them before they got any bigger!
Love y'all a whole big bunch, and see ya real soon.(hopefully)
Tell Jess "hey" for me, please.
Niner

Whiddon Family said...

Missin' y'all really badly. :( Hopefully I'll be well by Sunday. At least I can hear everyone laughing from in here. Makes my heart smile. ;)

Love,
Mallory~